JLP take their commitment to their customers, community and environment very seriously, looking at new ways to reduce their carbon footprint and cultivate a more sustainable way of life is a large part of their focus.
For the new ANYDAY range JLP have focussed on quality, style, value and sustainability. They have prioritised key sustainable elements including keeping waste to a minimum with re purposing packaging and using FSC wood to ensure the highest environmental and social standards.
By choosing Whittle Interiors as their principal designer and manufacturer JLP are partnering with a likeminded business who are committed to minimising waste and reducing our carbon impact.
- JLP’s choice of materials included birch plywood and OSB, both of which have been selected for their durability and their eco-friendly specification.
- Whittle have a responsibility to ensure that none of the wood we use comes from illegal logging or poorly managed forests. As a certified FSC/PEFC member we comply with the highest environmental standards, we use accredited wood and will only use timber from sustainably managed forests.
- To complement our in-house green initiatives, we are partnering with Forest Carbon to offset any remaining emissions with the creation of new woodlands.
- There have been no skips used, the excess woodchips and shavings from manufacturing go straight into our eco-friendly biomass burner and all waste has returned to the factory to be repurposed or donated.
- Whittle are able to recycle, upcycle and repurpose the ANYDAY store installations, all base plinths will be re-used and many of the tables and higher plinths will be donated to local colleges and youth programmes.